Dear friends of the Gentle Giants! The much-extended 2nd edition of my 2018 book (out of print, German only) published in 2020 is just what many breeders and owners of these outstanding horses need. Pre-orders for the English edition are open now!
More than 284 DIN-A4 pages will teach you all about the fascinating Shire Horses and Clydesdales. More than 420 beautiful pictures, including some in large formats, turn the book with its treasure trove of information into a great eye-catcher.
PRE-ORDER ONLINE NOW!
The book will be delivered as soon as I receive it from the print shop. The expected date will be towards the end of October. The sooner you pre-order, the sooner you will have this unique work!
All pre-orders will be delivered with a free bonus set of beautiful picture postcards. For more information, see the website for the book and the shop.
The book was professionally translated by native speakers.
WHO IS THE TARGET GROUP FOR THIS BOOK?
This book is as suitable for pros and breeders as it is for beginners and private owners. It is a source of knowledge and comprehensive encyclopaedia covering history, husbandry, breeding, health, etc. I know that many breeders like to buy my book to give to the buyers of their foals to ensure that they have the knowledge they need from the very beginning.
- History and Development, breed descriptions, differences between the two breeds
- Husbandry, breeding, and feeding: basic needs & special needs (pregnant or lactating mares); raising foals
- Health and care: typical illnesses and their treatment (mud fever, CPL, arthrosis, sweet itch, etc.)
- Large feet: a farrier and a hoof-care specialist explain their points of view & work in great detail
- Oversized in everything: advice from 2 special saddlers on saddles, rugs, and accessories
- Breeding: foal registration, entry in studbooks, stallion licensing
- Breeding shows: information on the purpose, procedure, own presentation, background, and anecdotes
- Buy your horse with open eyes! Advice on horse busying, prices, and help.